Monday, July 25, 2011

Spike's Deli and Pizza

Location: 1611 South Smittys Boulevard, Ritzville, WA (inside the Cow Creek Mercantile)

Our choices were very limited off the exit in Ritzville. We could either opt for fast food, or we could try something new and different. We went for the new and different and stopped in at Spike's Deli and Pizza, located in the Cow Creek Mercantile.

We had to creatively get around the split plate fee, so I ordered the Baked Potato and Ham Soup. My husband ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich. The soup was a bit different than what I had in mind, but it was good. I think I was taken aback because it was darker than most potato soups I have eaten, but that goes to show you can never judge a soup by its color.

The plate with the sandwich was adorable. In addition to the sandwich, they served up chips, some carrots, a pickle and a cookie. The sandwich was a pleasant surprise. The sauce was delicious, though I could have done without the bacon. Most people will probably like it. I'm just not a fan of bacon in my sandwiches unless they are a BLT.

The restaurant had a lot of fun books at the table, and I saw some games sitting on the ledge. It's a decent family restaurant, but I'm not chomping at the bit to go back. The food was tasty but average, though I am curious about their carrot cake. They claim quite a few of their desserts are famous, and I love a good dessert! I guess we'll see what happens next time we're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment