Saturday, July 16, 2011

Waddell's Pub and Grille

Location: 4318 South Regal Street, Spokane, WA

Let's face it.  Most restaurants can make a suitable burger.  They are pretty hard to mess up.  Every so often, though, you find a restaurant that can make a great burger.  Well, look no further.  Waddell's is that restaurant.  In my opinion, they make the best Mushroom 'N Swiss burger I have ever eaten.

It should come as no surprise that I went with my standby.  All the standards are there.  Your hamburger patty (of course), a fresh hamburger bun, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and Swiss cheese.  Easy breezy, right?  But Waddell's takes it one step further and adds in what they say is mayonnaise but tastes nothing like mayonnaise I've ever eaten.  It.is.amazing.  They have to add in something else to make it taste so good, but I have no idea what that is.

We were given the option of regular or sweet potato fries, though I am pretty sure you can order a house or pasta salad if those options don't suit you.  Waddell's seasons them with Squirrelly Beaver Seasoning, which is their own custom blend of spices.  While they are not my favorite fries ever, they are pretty tasty.  I definitely don't turn them down!

My husband is a big fan of their beer selection.  They have 35 beers on tap, which is pretty impressive.  He tried the Puget Sound Porter and was a fan. 

The service can be very hit or miss at Waddell's, but tonight they were a hit.  We were fortunate enough to score outdoor seating, and our waitress was pleasant.  There was an acoustic guitarist performing in between Twigs and Waddell's, which made for nice background music.

No comments:

Post a Comment