Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweet Basil Pizzeria

Location: 5 South First Avenue, Walla Walla, WA

My husband and I consider ourselves pizza connoisseurs.  We've been to many great pizza places during our travels, and we've even started making our own pizzas.  Needless to say, we've established a list of favorites.  Sweet Basil Pizzeria in Walla Walla has made our list.

We were starving when we made it into town today, so the smell was enough to make us weak in the knees when we walked in the door.  I've actually never been inside before, so it was fun to have a look around the place.  (Normally I am waiting outside on the patio with our dog.)

Today's specialty pizza (aka my selection for today) was the Primavera, which is topped with spinach, garlic, mushroom, roasted red pepper and feta.  Can you say, a few of my favorite things?!  My husband ordered the BBQ pizza with the agreement that we would each share some of our piece with the other.  His was topped with bbq sauce, chicken, bacon and onions.

Sweet Basil makes their pizzas with a thin crust, and the slices are huge.  We ordered some cheese breadsticks to go along with our meal, and we both felt comfortably full.  Both the pizza and the breadsticks have always been consistent.  We've not had a bad batch.  They serve marinara sauce with the breadsticks, but it's definitely not needed.  Their cheesy, buttery flavor is enough on its own.

While I love eating outside on their patio, it's fun to be inside because you can watch them toss the pizza dough.  No matter how many times I see it done, I'm always impressed by those who do it well.  Sweet Basil definitely knows how to make a great pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment