Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sushi I

Location: 4314 South Regal, Spokane, WA

It had been months since I had sushi, and I was craving it like mad. My husband and I had been eager to try the new sushi place on Spokane's South Hill. Yollar featured a deal with $20 of sushi from Sushi I for $10, so I jumped on the deal and we stopped in to check them out.

They were surprisingly empty for a Saturday evening. The bonus to that was the service was amazing. We felt very well attended to. We sat up at the sushi bar and tried the Dragon Roll and Tiger Roll to start. Both rolls used similar ingredients, except one had masago and the other did not. They were equally enjoyable. We were not quite full from those two rolls, though, so we decided to also order the Lobster Roll.

Every once in awhile I order sushi that tastes original. Our first sushi experience after moving to Washington involved apples in the sushi. It was incredible. Sushi I managed to wow me with their Lobster Roll. In addition to the lobster, there was fried mozzarella cheese on top. I've never tasted anything like it, and I want more just sitting here typing about it. I told my friend about it, and now she is excited to try it out.

I saw several rolls on the menu I would like to come back and try myself. They actually have a Tempura Philadelphia Roll, which sounds amazing. We promised to come back, and I hope that business will pick up for them once more and more people check them out. They are worth keeping around, and I look forward to going back to do a second review.

No comments:

Post a Comment